Saturday, April 7, 2007

A new yarn, the Harlot, and plans for Easter...

I finally got a chance to try Fleece Artitst yarn, and I love it! I picked the amethyst colorway and am working on the Horcrux Socks from SixSoxKnitAlong. The only thing I would change is that next time I will go down a needle size or two. I used 2.5 mm needles and the fabric is a bit looser than I like for sock.

In other news, I was able to get to the Yarn Harlot event here in St. Paul on Wednesday and it was a blast. The Harlot is one of those, IMHO, rare writers who is actually better in person than in print. She has a supremely expressive face and a sly way of making things that would read straight get a roar of laughter when she speaks. Muggles of the world beware; the Harlot is on a mission and your world will no doubt be changing. For those of you who have not yet had a chance to see the Harlot in person, make every effort to get to your local event. She is well worth the drive and the short night of sleep. Three day's later I still find myself telling my partner (also a knitter but who didn't attend) things like, "Oh, and another thing the Harlot said...."

Let's see, what else? Ah, Easter. While neither Joanna nor I are active in a church, doing something for Easter is almost an obligation in a house with this many rabbits. We are, therefore, heading out to the house of another MCRS volunteer to eat, socialize and pay attention to rabbits. Several of us who are either single or don't have family in the area will be there, so it should be a blast. We've done this before at our house for Easter and Thanksgiving, but I am grateful someone else volunteered to host this time.

No comments: